Razzies 2017: 37th Golden Raspberry Awards: List of Nominees & Winners
This is an awards ceremony that honors the worst the film industry had to offer in 2016.
The Razzies, are awarded based on votes from members of the Golden Raspberry Foundation.
Also the pre-nomination ballots were revealed on the week of January 2, 2017.
So, the nominations being revealed on January 23, 2017.
The “winners” will be announced on February 25, 2017.
Razzies 2017 List Of Nominees & Winners
Zoolander No. 2 and Batman v Superman lead the Pack with Most Nominations.
2016 was a year of movies SO Bad.
So, The Razzies® had to expand to six nominees per category.
Here are the nominees:
– WINNER – Dinesh D’Souza and Bruce Schooley for Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party
– Roland Emmerich for Independence Day: Resurgence
– Tyler Perry for Boo! A Madea Halloween
– Alex Proyas for Gods of Egypt
– Zack Snyder for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
– Ben Stiller for Zoolander 2
– Ben Affleck for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (as Batman / Bruce Wayne)
– Gerard Butler for Gods of Egypt (as Set) and London Has Fallen (as Mike Banning)
– Henry Cavill for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (as Superman / Clark Kent)
– Robert De Niro for Dirty Grandpa (as Richard “Dick” Kelly)
– WINNER – Dinesh D’Souza for Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party (as himself)
– Ben Stiller for Zoolander 2 (as Derek Zoolander)
– Megan Fox for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (as April O’Neil)
– Tyler Perry for Boo! A Madea Halloween (as Mabel “Madea” Simmons)
– Julia Roberts for Mother’s Day (as Miranda Collins)
– WINNER – Rebekah Turner for Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party (as Hillary Clinton)
– Naomi Watts for The Divergent Series: Allegiant (as Evelyn Johnson-Eaton) and Shut In (as Mary Portman)
– Shailene Woodley for The Divergent Series: Allegiant (as Beatrice “Tris” Prior)
Worst Supporting Actress
– Julianne Hough for Dirty Grandpa (as Meredith Goldstein)
– Kate Hudson for Mother’s Day (as Jesse)
– Aubrey Plaza for Dirty Grandpa (as Lenore)
– Jane Seymour for Fifty Shades of Black (as Claire Black)
– Sela Ward for Independence Day: Resurgence (as President Elizabeth Lanford)
– WINNER – Kristen Wiig for Zoolander 2 (as Alexanya Atoz)
Worst Supporting Actor
– Nicolas Cage for Snowden (as Hank Forrester)
– Johnny Depp for Alice Through the Looking Glass (as Tarrant Hightopp / The Mad Hatter)
– WINNER – Jesse Eisenberg for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (as Lex Luthor)
– Will Ferrell for Zoolander 2 (as Jacobim Mugatu)
– Jared Leto for Suicide Squad (as The Joker)
– Owen Wilson for Zoolander 2 as (Hansel McDonald)
Worst Screen Combo
– WINNER – Ben Affleck and his BFF (Baddest Foe Forever) Henry Cavill in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
– Any two Egyptian gods or mortals in Gods of Egypt
– Johnny Depp and his vomitously vibrant costume in Alice Through the Looking Glass
– The entire cast of once respected actors in Collateral Beauty
– Tyler Perry and that same old worn out wig in Boo! A Madea Halloween
– Ben Stiller and his BFF (Barely Funny Friend) Owen Wilson in Zoolander 2
Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel
– WINNER – Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Chris Terrio and David S. Goyer, from the characters created by DC Comics)
– Dirty Grandpa (John M. Phillips)
– Gods of Egypt (Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless)
– Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party (Dinesh D’Souza and Bruce Schooley)
– Independence Day: Resurgence (Dean Devlin, Roland Emmerich, James Vanderbilt, James A. Woods and Nicolas Wright)
– Suicide Squad (David Ayer, from the characters created by DC Comics)