Independence Day: Resurgence is an American science fiction film.
Directed by Roland Emmerich.
Written by Emmerich, Dean Devlin and Carter Blanchard.
It is the sequel to the 1996 film Independence Day.
The film stars Jeff Goldblum, Bill Pullman, Judd Hirsch, Vivica A. Fox and Brent Spiner.
Also stars Liam Hemsworth, Jessie Usher, Maika Monroe, Sela Ward and Charlotte Gainsbourg.
The film is scheduled for a June 24, 2016 release.
Twenty years has been passed after the last events.
The international community recovers and builds up Earth’s defenses
Using technology salvaged from remains of the alien forces.
However, the aliens were able to send a distress signal before their final defeat.
Which results in a new task force of alien ships coming to Earth.
And threatening the human race once more.
According to the fictional commemorative historic site, since the “War of 1996”
A few alien refugees have taken sanctuary in Congo
Defense stations have been set up on the moon
And Captain Steve Hiller has been killed during a military exercise.
Cast of Independence Day: Resurgence
– Jeff Goldblum as David Levinson, the Director of ESD
– Bill Pullman as Thomas J. Whitmore, the former U.S. President
– Liam Hemsworth as Jake Morrison
– Jessie Usher as Dylan Dubrow-Hiller
– Maika Monroe as Patricia Whitmore
– Sela Ward as Lanford, the current U.S. President
– Charlotte Gainsbourg as Dr. Catherine Marceaux
– Judd Hirsch as Julius Levinson
– Angelababy as Rain
– Vivica A. Fox as Jasmine Dubrow-Hiller
– Brent Spiner as Dr. Brackish Okun
– William Fichtner as General Adams
– DeObia Oparei as Dikembe
– Gbenga Akinnagbe as Agent Travis
– Patrick St. Esprit as Tanner, the U.S. Secretary of Defense
– Chin Han as the leader of the Chinese Space Squadron